News

- the European free trade agreement

 The chief of EU delegation in Vietnam: the British exit EU will not affect the Vietnam - the European free trade agreement

(Vietnam+ in Hanoi) - the chief of EU ambassador to Vietnam delegation Bruno Angelet was held in April 3 about the challenge of the European Union is facing and the future development direction of press conference stressed that Britain withdrew the will not affect the Vietnam - the European free trade agreement (EVFTA).Bruno and Italy, the Czech republic, Slovakia, Belgian and French ambassador to Vietnam and temporary representatives agree that the British exit EU was a disappointing end. However, the EU member states to respect the decision of the British. Britain withdrew EU the negotiations is expected to extend for two years, but the Vietnam - the European free trade agreement took effect in early 2018, so the UK remains a contracting party to this agreement. For European investors, Vietnam is a potential market, EVFTA will become an quite important lever of European investors into Vietnam market. The Vietnam - the European free trade agreement is a comprehensive, balanced and high-quality free trade agreement. The agreement comes into force, Vietnam will have 86% of goods exports to the EU enjoy zero tariff concessions, equivalent to 70% of the Vietnam to EU exports. Seven years later, Vietnam will have 99% of goods exports to the EU enjoy zero tariff, equivalent to 99.7% of the Vietnam to EU exports, the other 0.3% will realize the export tariff quotas. In recent years, Vietnam's exports to the EU has tripled. In 2016, Vietnam's exports to the EU $34 billion, up 10% from a year earlier, the European Union has become Vietnam's third largest trading partner.(Vietnam+ - VNA)